Some of you may know our first commercial venture out here at Sweetwater Lane Farm was raising poultry. Well…we’re bringing chicken back!
In recent years we tapered off our chicken production as our pasture had enough nutrients, we had young kids to care of and life got busier with other pursuits including a bustling B&B.
This year we are ramping back up to fill the time we have just found ourselves with courtesy of this wondrous pandemic. Shifting gears from B&B speed to Chicken Speed!
We are adjusting our business model slightly from past chicken years as we are working with a different cash flow situation due to the covid-19 situation. We are asking if you would like to sign up for a Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) style chicken program.
How it works:
- You complete the form/table below and commit to a quantity of whole roasting chickens to be delivered near month end starting end of June
- Pay a non-refundable $10 deposit per chicken you would like to order. (we will send you an invoice for the deposit once we get your order form)
- Approximately 2 months later (the time it takes us to raise the birds) we will deliver your order to your doorstep (Whistler and Pemberton Only) and leave them in a cooler you leave out for us. Please make sure you will have access to a cooler for us to drop your frozen chickens in. This will allow us to provide our product without breaking current social distancing guidelines (beg, borrow or steal one if you have to 😉)
About the chickens:
- The whole roasting birds are organically fed, pasture raised, and processed on farm in small batches. Their diet is a mix of pasture, bugs and organic feed. They are moved over the grass twice daily in bottomless large mobile pens
- They are $6/lb with an average weight of 4.5lbs. Average $27
- They range from 3.25-6lbs so we can adjust your order for bigger or smaller chickens on request.
- We are a Vancouver Coastal Health Slaughtersafe certified farm. This allows us to process poultry on farm and sell direct to you.
We are currently accepting orders for delivery end of June and end of July. We will provide specific delivery dates and times once we are getting closer to processing the chickens. We will open for pre-orders for August, September and October in the coming months.
Please order by completing the form below and emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org . We will then send you an invoice for the non-refundable deposit which can be paid using credit card online.
Feel free to send us any questions. We look forward to delivering you the best darn chicken once again this summer.
Yours in Social Isolation,
Gus, Jocelyn, Xavier and Juno
|Name||Delivery Address||Phone number||Qty for end June||Qty for end July||Larger or Smaller?|